I believe women of all ages should know what PCOS or polycystic ovarian syndrome is and how to prevent it. So I am here to share some helpful information to spread awareness.
“ An imbalance of the hormones estrogen and progesterone that lead to forming of tiny, benign masses on the ovaries, this condition is one of the reasons why most women experience irregular periods, infertility, inexplicable weight gain, harsh breakouts, and insomnia.”
I believe that prevention is better than cure so here are some tips on how to catch PCOS and prevent it (thanks to Jeunesse Anion Sanitary Napkins and Liner):
- Visit your OB-Gyn annually. “Schedule an annual gynecologic examination with blood sugar test to ensure your hormones are in check”, advises Dr. Faith Suluen.
- Live a Healthy Lifestyle.Records show that there are numerous cases of PCOS on obese women so stay in shape! Exercice and eat a balanced diet, “Quit smoking immediately and stop other vices if there’s any”, adds Dr. Faith.
- Awareness is the key. “While PCOS is not fatal, 50 percent of women with this condition are likely to develop diabetes or pre-diabetes before they reach 40 years old. Sadly, they’re also more prone to having high blood pressure and heart attack because of high levels of LDL or bad cholesterol on top of greater risk of developing sleep apnea, so lifestyle modification and blood sugar maintenance are a must”, notes Dr. Faith. “Remember to never self-medicate and consult your OB-Gyn for prescription of pills that can regulate your period,” she adds.
- Listen to your dietitian. “Since weight management and blood glucose control are related to PCOS symptoms, your dietitian will guide you on how to incorporate carbohydrate rich foods but won’t spike blood sugar”, says Philippine-US registered dietitian-nutritionist Cheshire Que. “
- Get maximum protection from a brand you can trust. While it’s proven that sanitary napkin and liner are non-contributory to PCOS, however, since you need to stay in shape to prevent PCOS it’s to best look for a brand that does more than just protection… and Jeunesse Anion is the only napkin and liner with bacteria and odor-reducing anion strip that’s also helpful in easing menstrual discomforts such as cramps and dysmenorrhea. And since it is made of virgin cotton pulp material, non-toxic glue with breathable top and bottom layers there’s no more excuses pushing aside movement and workout during your time of the month!
Be safe ladies!
For more health tips, visit: www.jeunesseanion.com
Follow Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram: Jeunesse Anion