A few months back, I was privileged to be able to experience SkinSoul’s complete skin care range. As I opened the gift box courtesy of SkinSoul Midvalley branch containing the SkinSoul Mini/Travelling Set , I felt very excited, I was very eager to try them out as I’ve been hearing good things about the product line.
First things first, here are the important stuff you need know about SkinSoul’s Skin Shield range:
- 100% paraben free and lead-free
- no articifial chemical additives
- main ingredient is Ashitaba (from Japan has powerful healing and regenerative abilities to reverse the signs of ageing, smoothen wrinkles, fade age spots, regenerate skin elasticity and suppleness, heal skin irritation and brighten skin)
- uses purest Swiss glacial water as water base
The products use the “miracles of nature” (in other words organic and botanical sources) such as:
- Red Microalgae Extract: protects skin from oxidative damage and pollutants, guards skin from radiation
- Alps Botanical Stem Cells: anti-ageing, skin rejuvenation
- Daisy Flower Extract: natural skin lightening and brightening agent
Okay, enough about the tidbits time to review the products!
HYDRA PURIFYING CLEANSER
Packed with skin vitamins and minerals of Ashitaba encapsulated in pure in Swiss Glacier Water that gently washes out impurities, excess sebum and pollution while nourishing the skin’s softness and suppleness.
TEXTURE: Watery consistency. It feels smooth upon application
VERDICT: My skin feels cleansed and refreshed. My skin also feels soft to the touch after every wash.
LIFT & BRIGHT SERUM
To target ageing at the core, this serums has been formulated with smaller molecules of Ashitaba’s anti-ageing essence that can penetrate into the deepest layers of skin to restore skin elasticity and firmness.
TEXTURE: watery consistency, a little goes a long way. Though I find it a bit sticky.
VERDICT: My skin feels taut after application, pores seem smaller. Not sure about the brightening part as I probably need to use it for a longer time to see the lightening result.
12-IN-1 SUNCARE DAY CREAM
- hydrates and protects skin
- unifies complexion
- whitens and brightens skin
- evens out skin tone
- conceals and corrects blemishes
- fights the signs of ageing
- protects skin from UV rays
- promotes natural skin health
- soothes skin irritation from environmental stress
- fights of damaging free radicals
- stimulates skin rejuvenation
- nourishes skin for a youthful radiance
TEXTURE: Creamy and non-sticky. Quite heavy but not irritating.
VERDICT: It brightened up my complexion, pores are less visible. I actually go out with only the cream on my face (and a little dusting of powder) as it serves as my tinted moisturiser.
The Ashitaba-enriched night cream is designed to work in synergy to your skin’s natural regeneration cycle by depositing encapsulated retinol in precise concentration that is time-released for skin reconditioning throughout the night.
TEXTURE: light and creamy, easily absorbed.
SCENT: Strong flowery fragrance.
VERDICT: Nothing much the first few weeks, but I did notice my face clearing up and find myself waking up looking fresh.
Definitely my favorite out of the set is the 12-in-1 Suncare Day Cream. It delivered immediate result and became a great companion to my foundation. The travel set costs RM 500, though you can purchase the items individually in bigger sizes.
SkinSoul now available at: Parkson Pavilion Kuala Lumpur, Nu Sentral, IOI City Mall, Holiday Plaza Johor, 1st Avenue Penang, Metrojaya Mid Valley
VISIT THEIR WEBSITE or FACEBOOK PAGE.
Or Contact Chong Mink – 0123638789