People close to me know I am an otaku. I love anything Japanese-y, whether it is food, cosmetics, anime, music, movies, drama their pop culture or fashion… especially anything kawaii!!!
So when I got invited to attend Tokyo Street’s 4th anniversary last July 29 I just had to attend! Tokyo Street is Pavilion Kuala Lumpur’s Japanese themed section.
When I arrived the lively Wadaiko drum performance was already ongoing, the energetic vibe definitely set out the mood for the celebration.
While everyone was still in celebratory spirit, His Excellency Makio Miyagawa (Ambassador of Japan) and Puan Sri Cindy Lim (Deputy Chairman of Pavilion KL) performed a Kagami Biraki, a sake breaking ceremony, as an ode to Japanese tradition.
We were then later surprised and excited when Chibi Maruko Chan, a Japanese manga icon, made an appearance to partake in the cake-cutting ceremony. The mascot was so adorable I was somehow looking forward to getting a Chibi Maruko Chan doll.
The celebration was then concluded with a fun “Bon Odori“, a Japanese Summer Dance otherwise known as “Happy Dance“. I was definitely entertained as I watched the colorful sight–the dancers dressed in intricately designed yukatas and kimonos as they danced merrily. I wanted to join them too but I was in trance. >_<
This also initiated the opening of the Matsuri Summer Fair at the Bukit Bintang entrance featuring various game booths such as a hammer game, boxing, Japanese stacking and ring toss… I felt like I was in Japan for a moment!
The Tokyo Street 4th year celebration runs from July 29 to August 9. Throughout this period guests and shoppers will be treated to authentic Japanese food and games at the Tokyo Street. Also prizes are at stake with every RM 150 spent at Tokyo Street or RM 300 spent at specialty stores.
So what are you waiting for? Head on out to Pavilion Kuala Lumpur and experience a one-of-a-kind Japanese festival at Tokyo Street’s 4th anniversary now!
ALSO, a big thanks to TOKYO STREET and Pavilion Kuala Lumpur for these kawaii gifts, so sugoii <3
TOKYO STREET’S 4TH ANNIVERSARY HIGHLIGHTS
Japanese Summer Dance Performance
– August 8-9 = 3pm and 5pm ~ Tokyo Street, Level 6
Fukubiki Japanese Lucky Draw
* Win prizes with RM 150 spent at Tokyo Street or RM 300 at specialty stores
– July 29 to August 9 ~ Tokyo Street *Redemption at Tokyo Street Concierge (Level 6). Valid for single receipt purchase. While stocks last.
Chibi Maruko Chan Land (First in Malaysia)
* Chibi Maruko Chan will be at the Tokyo Street to spread the joy of this celebration
– July 29 to August 9 ~ Tokyo Street, Level 6
Chibi Maruko Chan Meet & Greet Sessions
* Don’t miss out on meeting the famous Japanese manga character as she makes her first debut appearance in Malaysia
– August 1, 2, 8 and 9 ~ Bukit Bintang Entrance = 2pm | Tokyo Street = 4pm and 6pm